Thursday, April 21, 2011

Illusion

When I look out into my driveway now I see this...


Then, I shake my head and the illusion fades into reality and with my eyes I really see this...





As I affectionately refer to mini vans as, "the sweat pants of the auto industry" I now wear sweat pants. They get the job done and meet your needs, but they're far from sexy. Some people really like sweat pants and some people prefer little black dresses. I may look like the sweat pants type, but on the inside I'm a little RED dress type!


Once upon a time I wore a marching band uniform that was similar to the Star Trek the Next Generation uniforms and played the part of a marching band member. Now, I will wear the sweat pants and play the part of devoted mommy. While they are similar, I can honestly admit that I'm far better at playing the part of Mom than the drums!


Even though the drums left my life a long time ago, the lessons that I learned and the fun that I had will always be remembered. When I can let go of the mini van and drive a sports car I will still be a Mom and just enjoy the memories that I made and the fun that I had wearing my sweat pants just as I do the time in the marching band uniform.

1 comment:

McCorristin Family said...

I think the van is beautiful. Wish I had one, but grandpa says NO.
Love,
Grandma