Saturday, March 10, 2012

My Garden

Desert and arid climates aren't stopping my amazing gardening skills! Look what I can grow...

MOSS!!!!!

It takes tons of talent and skill to neglect a flower box and be sure that the snow piles up on it and fills it with water to totally saturate it throughout the year in order to grow such amazing moss, but I did it!

Seriously though, the moss was a happy accident. I miss the green softness that the forest type yards the overly humid Michigan provided me as a child. When I spotted this, I nearly cried. It was a bright splash of color and a beautiful reminder that no matter the surroundings that anything can survive and thrive.

1 comment:

chelsea mckell said...

oooo, someone's a little homesick!

I can relate - we had that lovely moss in Washington all year long. The bright green color it can get is just amazing. Way to go, green thumb!