Thursday, July 5, 2012

Indiana Visit

We made a side trip on the way back to Utah and stopped in Indiana to visit Mike's Grandmother.  She was super excited to see us and especially the children.  Grandma Jeffers pulled out books of old pictures and things she's kept from over the years and I snapped a couple of pictures of some of them that stood out to me.


Mark and Judy's wedding announcement picture that was in the newspaper (she also has the actual clipping from the paper as well).

Mike and Sam when they were little.

Grandma Jeffers' Mother.  (Judy, you're going to have to comment with her name because it's slipped my mind!)

Judy (Mike's Mom) in what we think is her high school senior picture.


The picture I was really looking forward to taking.  Our kids with their Great Grandmother.  This is extra special to me because Eryn has had her picture taken with all 3 of her great grandmothers who's lives have overlapped hers.  Saddly, my grandmother passed a few years ago, but Mike still has both of his!


Our family mingled in with Uncle Scott (Judy's youngest brother on the right in the hat), Julia (Mike's cousin next to him in the black) and Scott's step daughter in the purple and son on Grandma's lap.  I tried so hard to remember names, but I'm sure I'll get them filled in soon!



Visiting her was another great bonus for driving.  It was nice for the kids to see who writes the letters, sends the birthday cards, and who we write back to from time to time.

2 comments:

McCorristin Family said...

That is not my senior picture. That one is my 10th grade picture. My grandmother's name is Mattie Lance. She was the Cherokee Indian.

The McKays said...

I didn't know that you did this! Way nice:) I can't believe how much my mom looks like Grandma!