Monday, August 25, 2008

Sam's Gone Now

The recruiter came and picked up my littlest brother today from my parents' house and took him away. He will spend 1 night at a base in Michigan and then will be heading on tomorrow morning for Fort Leonard Wood Missouri. There he will go through a boot camp for a few weeks. Then, hopefully, he will be out to visit with us in November for Thanksgiving! After that... The Sand Box as the guys so lovingly refer to it- Iraq.

Yesterday, I said a prayer at church and included for Heavenly Father, "to be with the service men and women to help them return in safety." I choked on my words and near couldn't speak. Never before has those few words meant so much to me.

My prayers are always with him and I do hope that each of you remember our service men and women from time to time regardless of your political views. My little brother is out there with them!

2 comments:

chelsea mckell said...

thats really sweet. I can tell you are close to your brother - thats something to be grateful for.... if my brother went off to war, Id say "have fun doing pushups bro!"

so the question is.... do you want McCain to win, and have your brother stay out there indefinitely, or do you want Obama to win so he comes back sooner?!

valmike said...

I've never been much for Politics. I see the good and the bad to both sides, so choosing is almost impossible!