Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Impromptu Make Over



If you look closely you'll notice that there is a lovely shade of blue eye shadow (more on the left eye than the right), some lip stick, and a couple of blobs of mascara just below her eye brows. Doesn't she look beautiful?


As we walked into JCPenney I was distracted by a table of shirts that were super messy and as a result of years of retail experience (and a mild case of OCD) I had to stop to fold a couple of shirts. They have recently remodeled the make up area to include a brand called Sephoria and a number of testers that are somewhat low to the ground.


Mommy was distracted, so the curious 3 yr old figured out a way to take advantage of the opportunity! She darted over to the make up and in about 3 seconds helped herself to a number of products and managed to catch my attention as she was looking in a small mirror blowing herself a kiss.


Most moms would probably be like, "Oh how cute!" I was horrified!!!!!!! How does she know what to do with all of this stuff? I hardly ever put make up on and much less do so in front of her. I think that now I will have to hide the small amount of make up that I have at home in order to preserve it from future fun.


Whenever one of the children does something that we're not proud of we blame the other parent. I certainly can't blame Mike for her ability to put on make up, but she didn't get it from me either... Who's kid is she? Ha ha. I have a very firm belief that children come with their own little personalities and character traits at birth. This must be one of hers! Girly enough to instinctively know what to do with make up... *Sigh* I have daughters because I have no clue what to do with them!

3 comments:

The McKays said...

haha she's adopted! Oh wait...I was there when she was brought back to your room, maybe they mixed up in the nursery:) haha! Love you guys!

Sam and Chelsie said...

ok blame me! When she was at my house she sat on the bathroom floor watching me do my makeup! I was hoping she would forget! :)

valmike said...

Chels, at least someone is there to be a girly example for her! :)