Monday, May 9, 2011

Camera Work

Since I'm taking bridal pictures for a couple this week, I've been having lots of fun playing with camera settings, lighting, and trying to get everything worked out in my head so that I'm totally ready. Yeah, it sounds all well and good, but I can only think about pictures and everything I look at is totally different. The girls have been helping me a little in my venture, but they are only little kids.



Brooke tried to help, but gave a cute face before I got the setting just right. (Oh and this is the new color that a lot of our living room is becoming. Mike's in the middle of his paint projects and has been working really hard in what little day light hours he has after the kids are in bed so he can work in peace.)




Brooke found a wedding party to follow around and it was almost impossible for me to keep her away from them. The entire time she's screaming, "Prippy!" Her version of pretty. It was cute, but really distracting to the adorable little flower girls.


How do you get Eryn to pose? Ignore her. I was busy taking pictures in higher sunlight and trying to get lighting figured out (since I have a wedding at almost noon) and she just couldn't stay out of the pictures!




Brooke noticed quickly that Mommy was looking closely at the flowers and had to see what all the interest was about. She even dug one up and we had to replant it and have a talk about how you don't pick flowers, unless they're yellow and in the middle of the yard.




Again, ignore Eryn and she comes running. She did help me a little with how much aperture to set the camera to in order to really blast out the background. So, she did help, but I was trying to take a picture of the flowers that she is now standing in front of.






All in all we've had fun so far and I still have a few more days to strain my brain and get ready for a big test! Ha ha. It's kind of like a mid-term since I have the actual wedding later and bridals and a wedding with a friend in a couple of weeks. Needless to say, I'm busy, my brain is fried, and I couldn't be happier!

No comments: