Monday, July 18, 2011

Life and Death


As the time grows closer to my due date I'm drawn deeper and deeper into thoughts about life and death. The miracle of life is a beautiful thing. Having a baby is truly a blessed event. Living life everyday is a challenge and has to be in order to earn our way back to Heaven. Death, though bitter sweet, is a part of the process. Knowing that there is more to our souls than just this frail existence helps me to know that there is comfort even for those we have to say farewell to for awhile.

Yesterday in Sunday school we were discussing the Atonement and the Resurrection of Christ. I couldn't help but think (and even mention in class a few times) how difficult it would have been to be a disciple of Christ at the time he was crucified and see His body die and then how unbelievable it would have been to see Him alive again only a few days later. He told them it would happen, but since it had never happened before would I have believed it really was Him immediately? Having been taught to recognize Him my whole life and that He does, in fact, live still I'm certain that I would believe it now if He were to appear.

Instantly knowing, trusting, and having the faith to believe in the larger plans of our Heavenly Father is a true gift from Him. I pray that we all have the faith to fall at His feet or onto our knees and use the power and strength inside us that He has given us to keep going through our lives. We are not alone, ever.

No comments: