Saturday, August 3, 2013

Stress

It's not a big secret that life is stressful.  There are so many demands on each of us for our time and energy.  The real key to handling stress is...  Yeah, that would be good to know, right?

I'm certain that at some point in my life I will be able to fully complete that statement.  I'm just not quite there yet.  Being a working mom now and still trying to find time to do everything else has not been the easiest transition in the world.  When I finally began to realize that the balance of everything was off, I began to ask for help.  The usual call to a friend, Facebook status with a bunch of suggestions (some of which are helpful and some of which are not), and then the prayer.

The moment when you realize that you can't do everything on your own no matter how hard you try is the moment when you find yourself muttering words in the dark at your bedside and pouring your heart out to the Lord along with a lot of well earned tears.  Well, at least that's how it was for me.

What's my brilliant answer to relieving MY stress?  For right now it's setting small goals for myself and completing them.  I can't do everything, but I can do something.  Doing something and completing it will help me to build back my knowledge that I can, in fact, accomplish things and do them well.  Once the ball gets rolling, the items start flying off of the check list!  I had a successful day today and accomplished many things.  I did not get everything done that I might have needed to, but I tried my hardest.

No comments: