Monday, June 24, 2013

Ears

Once upon a time my parents told me that I couldn't have my ears pierced until I was 18.  Then, it was until I was 16.  I'd talked them down to 12 and then something magical happened.  My Grandmother bought me a fancy nice pair of earrings for my birthday and I did not have my ears pierced.  Fearing that I'd offend my grandmother by not wearing the lovely gift I was given, my parents promptly took me in and I had my ears pierced just after I turned 10. 

A few of my nieces have had their ears pierced and I've sort of put it off.  It's more work for the parents then most people think it will be and it's actually quite expensive given the cost of everything including a bunch of earrings to wear later!  Mike and I talked about it and decided that when she started asking for it and when we thought she would be ready for the responsibility of it, we would give in and do it.

We'd promised her that we would do let her have her ears pierced.  Then, like any good set of parents would, we delayed and put it off and made excuses because WE just weren't quite ready yet!  Low and behold, the waiting period is over and the ears now have sparkly little pink diamonds stuck in them.  She was super excited and did a really good job listening, holding still, and being brave! 

The nervous anxious smile...

the marker dots to place it in the right spot.



She took this big anticipation breath and it totally reminded me of myself when they take blood!


The finished product!  There will be many more pictures of her with her new earrings in the future.

1 comment:

chelsea mckell said...

I'm totally dreading this experience someday with my girls. That ear piercing HURTS! So I guess trick is to wait until they're old enough to want those earrings so bad they'll go thru anything to get them :) She's a lucky girl to have the big day so well documented by her photog mama!