Monday, June 3, 2013

Stay At Home Mom No More

I apologize to my few, but faithful, blog readers who has been struggling with the same post on here for far too long.  This time, I'm not just too busy with life, but seriously too busy with everything!!!!!!!  Ha ha.

The end of April and the start of May brought forth a transition from my "Stay At Home Mom" status to "Working Mom."  Yep, I have reentered the work force!

I was hesitant to announce it or make much of a big deal about it, because the few people I had told seemed to give me such mixed responses.  Everyone has different reasons for wanting a job and just supporting a choice of someone to seek and obtain one is the best route.  No need to question why a person would want a job.  For me, I wanted a job to be able to contribute to our family, to society, and to my skills and abilities to have a job in case the time would ever come that I was needed to be relied on as a source of income.  Brushing up my skills on the computer and in interviews was important and now having a job and doing my very best at it are also important.

After a bump in the road with weird scheduling for training, I am now settling into my normal schedule for work and family life, mixed in with a little photography on the side!  Staying busy and productive is a big part of who I am.  Many women are content to stay at home with the children and not have a job outside the home (and that's great, I did it for 6 years), but I just needed the change.  The social outlet, the going out of my comfort zone, and the learning of new things with all the drama and excitement that come with it are reason enough for me!    

No comments: