Saturday, June 27, 2009

Welcome Home

Friday we came home from the hospital. Mike thought it was going to be a snatch and grab, I knew it would take awhile to get out of there. I forget how many hours we were working to leave, but it was a long time! Fighting with 2 kids, a hungry wife, and trying to double and triple check everything was in order was a much bigger task than he'd planned I am sure. BUT, we did finally leave and made it home safe. Brooke doesn't like riding in the car yet either so that was fun. Here are a bunch of pictures that we took while trying to leave (also slowing down the process)!

Eryn was glad to see that Brooke has hair!


Brooke wanted nothing to do with a bow in her hair!

Wait... Where'd my Binky go?


I guess she can still smile and be happy without it!


Me and my Brooke Lynn


Eryn was giving her kisses- really fast kisses so this was as close to a picture of it that we could get!



My favorite picture of her. She's lovingly starring at...
DADDY!

I love her little half smile and that she can't take her eyes off of Mike!

6 comments:

The McKays said...

you have another daddy's girl!!! She's cute:) Love the pics!

Jeremy and Kara said...

getting discharged from the hospital is never a fast process. i should know i have had to do it three times in the last seven weeks. i'll bet you are glad to be home though.

chelsea mckell said...

YAY!! Oh Val - she's gorgeous! And I agree - looks so much like Eryn. I'd love to hear more about how Eryn is reacting to her as the days go by and what you're doing to make the transition go well (since hopefully I'll be in your spot in a year or so!)
My favorite is the "where's my binky?!" picture!

chelsea mckell said...

are you guys up for visitors?? be honest - it's totally cool if you're not. We'll be in SF next weekend for the 4th and we'd love to stop by and see the new ERAC baby! (I wonder if the company will give her one of those blankets, or if they've cut those out of the budget too?!) Oh - and did Mike tell you that Rhett is retiring? I want Brian to apply for his spot.

Justin & Heather said...

awe...I LOVE the the close up of her starring at Mike (the one you liked)...melt my heart, so tender! and I love that you can totally tell that Mike is in love and wrapped around yet another tiny pink bundles finger.

momtherunner said...

Fun pictures!! Welcome home!!