Friday, August 28, 2009

You Went Where?

We (Eryn, Brooke, and I) went to some craft stores and home decor stores yesterday with my friend Heather and her little girl Ali. I didn't spend very much, but I did get a few nice things. I did get a lot of good ideas of what to look for and how to not be totally overwhelmed when I go to places like Tai Pan Trading.

With some help, I have decided that the kitchen (and probably living room too) are going in the blue and orange accent direction. The orange was inspired by my very strong desire to blow up my picture of the Delicate Arch and display it for all to see! The blue, just looks good with orange. That and it will help to disguise the BYU football poster that will be hanging in the living room until New Years.

I'm excited to work on making our living space look a little more picture worthy and a lot less cluttered!

3 comments:

Bobbie Murphy said...

wow Val, I am very impressed that you went into a craft store! I wish I could have been there to see it!LOL!!! We too enjoy having our pictures of the National Parks we've been to in our Family Room. It makes good conversation pieces and will look Great in your home!

Justin & Heather said...

I am so glad we went, I knew you'd love tai pan. let me know when you are ready for your next installment of decor exploration!

chelsea mckell said...

I'm impressed. Home decor... that's even farther out of my realm than it is for you, believeitornot!
And good thing you enjoyed some time with Heather - cuz word has it they are heading south!