Saturday, September 25, 2010

Practice Run

I have often heard it said that, "You shouldn't run with scissors!" Yet, I find myself with the urge to do it over and over. The same is true for family pictures. I have the urge to have them taken over and over and they always stress me out. This time around, I am taking a few precautions to help avoid the frustrations and meltdowns. The girls aren't going to be in them! Ha ha, just kidding!

1.) PRACTICE- The girls and I have been practicing in the mirror and with the camera to attempt to get a few good pictures that will look great on the wall. They have proved to me that for about 1 minute they can stand near each other and even be touching without crying or screaming.



2.) POSING- I'm not a poser, but kids need practice with how to behave around cameras. This however can lead to some very diva like results... She came up with this one on her own.

3.) LAUGHING- I always get all stressed out when it comes to my pictures being taken. I think that this is mostly because I'm certain that the person behind the camera and my vision of the end result are never the same. (Yes, I over think the picture too much when I'm the model!) Eryn helped me to see that even being funny and weird can have beautiful results!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Does she have lipstick on? Good luck with your family pictures! I'm sure they will look great! But hurry up and do them so we can see! :)

valmike said...

Lip gloss. She's obsessed!