Thursday, September 2, 2010

Dude, Where's Your Posts?

I know that some of you might be asking that very question, well perhaps in a more eloquent manner, but basically the same idea. I've been busy living life making it hard to sit in my computer chair and enjoy surfing the world wide web.

Mike started his new job and really likes it! He's able to spend less time at work and while he's there he's able to be much more relaxed. Overall, he seems really pleased with his choice to leave Enterprise and for his new company's choice to pick him!

Eryn's into throwing massive tantrums, thinks she can run away in the store (which leads to having to ride in the big part of the cart), and just generally thinking that the world revolves around her and only her. I was certain that I had a few more years before she was a teenager. Such is life, right?

Brooke is in the middle of cutting 4 big teeth and fighting allergies. She's basically miserable, but still as loving and sweet as always. In the middle of Eryn's huge fit at the grocery store the other day Brooke knew that I was getting angry and she leaned over and put her little head on my arm and patted me with her hand. It was like she was saying, "Mom, it's ok." Add that tender moment to my frustrations and it was a very close call for tears in the isles of Wal-Mart. Thankfully, I was able to hold back and focus on saving money instead!

I have discovered using coupons recently. We signed up for a local paper and had our first delivery last Sunday. The savings alone on my first run with the coupons paid for the subscription to the paper for the whole month. I was able to get 6 cans of vegetables for FREEEEEEEEE! They were 3 for $1 at Maceys on sale and I had 2 coupons for buy 3 save a $1. The perfect storm was brewing for me to really get excited about saving money and the glimmer of hope that things will continue to work out for the better was enhanced to a flame.

Random word choices? My mind has started working again! I also was able to start back to college this last week! I'm very close to officially finishing my General Education Associates Degree (minus the stinking health class that I was unable to get into for the 6th time of trying!). I have a social work class and a history class both at Utah Valley University (the former UVSC). I am really excited to be back in the classroom and to expand my knowledge and open up to who I really am as a person. I'm such a nerd, I really LOVE going to school!

College football season officially opens today and with BYU claiming their Independence from the oppressive Mountain West, Utah on the cusp of their Big 12 join next year, and the sheer energy and excitement that's so thick you can cut it with a knife around here it's shaping up to be an interesting year! Not to even mention all of the movement in the Big 10 and Big 12 everywhere else.

With ALL of that in mind, I apologize to my blog stalking parents and grandparents in advance this season. College, college football, children, and taking pictures are going to keep me very busy and I will probably tend to neglect my blogging duties from time to time. Know that we're ok and just working like crazy to enjoy everything as it's thrown our way.

No comments: