Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fat Tuesday

This holiday is traditionally celebrated a paczki (pronounced Punch-Key) with the world's most calorie laden doughnuts in the world (made the BEST in Michigan). I really didn't plan on celebrating Fat Tuesday, but ended up doing just that almost by accident.

Eryn was going to die so we had to go to a gas station for her to go to the bathroom. We went in, took care of the potty run, and while walking out I set Brooke down so she could walk and hold my hand. I looked up and Eryn was standing there with a glazed doughnut with about 3 HUGE bites out of it and the biggest smile I think I've ever seen.

"I guess we're going to buy that." Slipped out of my frustrated clinched teeth while my eyes were rolling as I fought the smile and the urge to laugh out load. Brooke got one too.

As I am above gas station doughnuts, we went down the road to Krispy Kreme for me to use my "free doughnut" coupon and I enjoyed a raspberry filled glazed. It was no paczki, but it was pretty good.

1 comment:

momtherunner said...

Tasty! You know they leave the doughnuts at kid level for a reason. I'm sure Erin isn't the first and definitely not the last. Easy marketing, I guess!