Friday, June 13, 2008

The Healing Wall






Yesterday I also went to Ogden to see The Healing Wall which is the Vietnam Wall Replica that travels around the country. It was a little smaller than what I had expected, but it was still very powerful. The names are small, but cover so much space. You can really put into perspective how many loves were lost in the war.

It was surprisingly hard for me to look at the names. Especially the ones from the times that my father was in the war. Part of me thought that some of those men probably knew him and might have even died protecting him. It was very emotional for me when an older many came and brought flower to place near the name of his fallen friend.

I guess that it is being from a military riddled family that made me feel the way that I did. Perhaps, maybe the fact that my little brother is about to go back to boot camp and then go on active duty. I am not sure, but I was very glad that I went to see that and to be able to take Eryn. Even though she is so small, one day I hope that she will want to go to things like that on her own.

No comments: