Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Official Orders

My littlest brother Sam got his official orders for his military assignment with the Army. He's going to Fort Bragg, NC after a 2 week break from his brush up basic training in Fort Leonard Wood, MO. He graduates from there on the 21st of November. My Mom and brother John are driving from Michigan to be out there for that. They are going to take him home with them. After a quick visit, he's off to NC.

There he will stay for a little over a month and then... Iraq in January. I knew it was coming. It seemed to be inevitable, yet part of me was still surprised when I heard that it was official. When he knew that he was going to Fort Bragg he thought Iraq was coming in March or later on in the year. Usually 3 to 6 months there before they are deployed. Sam's group gets the fast pass to Iraq since he is now joining an Airborne unit (the 16 Military Police Airborne to be exact). I'm proud of him and scared out of my mind at the same time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, little Sam in the Airborne unit. That's cool! But yes, scary. Just pray for him and his safety and you will be okay :)