Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Time Goes So Fast

Yesterday I noticed a very beautiful rose bud that was yellow and a deep orange in my neighbor's yard that was just beginning to open. I wanted to take a picture of it, but it was playground time so I let that moment pass me by. During nap time today I thought that I'd sneak out and take that picture. As I crept out of the house very quietly and down the steps I noticed in an instant that I was too late! The beautiful rose bud had open fully, wilted, and the stem had broken in the cold blowing wind.

I realized, as I looked at this battered flower, that life is much shorter than we want it to be. Little bumps along the journey of life should be just that... little bumps. If we don't take the time to stop and smell the roses they might not be there tomorrow. Yet, if we don't appreciate them even for a fleeting moment we will have truly missed out.

Perhaps, I am reflecting too deeply as I avoid doing some more laundry... When I came back in the house I took a picture of my Sleeping Beauty. Her life seems to be flying past all too fast!



When she was 2 months old. Today
See how quickly time changes things? Only 16 months ago she barely took up any room in her crib and now (when not in a ball) she nearly fills it!

3 comments:

The McKays said...

I just laughed at how she is sleeping so funny! Maybe I should try sleeping like that and try it out. Maybe it's comfortable. Sometimes I wish I was a kid again and time does fly by fast!!

Jenni said...

I've had the same thoughts recently with Lizzie. She doesn't fit in her changing table at all and she has really almost outgrown her crib. They grow way too fast.

Looks like you have a very cute little sleeper.

the lunch lady said...

so cute!