Friday, January 15, 2010

34 Years and Counting

No, Mike's waaaaaaaay younger than that! My parents are celebrating their 34th wedding anniversary.

Now, it's time to embarrass them by bragging about their perfect marriage and life. Oh right, like anyone really has that! I thought it was funny that the most recent picture of them that I have is at Balance Rock in Arches National Park. At first, I thought that marriage was all about balance. The perfect blend of his and hers was all that it took to be happily married. I have learned from my own experience that marriage is more like...


A juggling act!
An individual can only juggle so many things and keep everything flowing correctly. When you have a partner to help you, you can not only double the work load, but take on even more!
Things like yourselves, work, money, church, children, health and wellness, hobbies, and friends along with everything else are juggled back ad forth between the 2 partners. Each of you have to get your hands on the things being shuffled around. Each gets a turn to be the center of attention, sick, healthy, working, relaxing, the good cop and the bad cop. The roles shift back and forth and that's how it should be. Equal partners each having influence on the things that you both deal with seems to be the best way to sum up my parents' marriage and the example that they have set for me over the years.

Congrats to my parents on their 34 years of juggling!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Hooray! Congrats to the Crawfords!

McCorristin Family said...

Congratulations to both of you. That is a great accomplishment. It had to be a real juggling act with Val

Mark and Judy McCorristin

chelsea mckell said...

Excellent analogy