Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Where's the Magic Wand?

Have you ever had those days where you just wish that someone would know up and wave their magic wand and make everything better? Who hasn't, right? I know that I'm not alone in my feeling a little overwhelmed lately.

While watching Cinderella the other day I realized a very interesting detail in the movie. She'd worked hard everyday to go about her life and make do with the circumstances she had found herself in. After trying her hardest for so many years and in utter despair after being physically torn to shreds by her "family" she ran to the garden to be alone in her pain.

There is knelt crying as said, "It's no use. Nothing will help now... Nothing." At that moment the sparkling lights of her Fairy Godmother appeared. She came to offer her comfort and assistance in making her dreams come true.

How many of us find ourselves crying, knelt in prayer, and pleading that someone will be able to help us? I sure have been lately. My Fairy Godmother is yet to appear and wave her magic wand for me. Yet, I know that my pleading is not falling onto deaf ears. Perhaps I haven't worked hard enough with my daily chores or maybe it's the fact that we have no little animal friends in cute little matching hats and shirts running around that's holding back the Fairy Godmother.

"Perhaps some day... The dreams that I wish will come true." -Cinderella.

3 comments:

Sam and Chelsie said...

YOU ARE LOVED!!!!

Jenni said...

I enjoyed this post. I never looked at Cinderalla that way before.

McCorristin Family said...

What can we do to help?

Grandpa and Grandma Mac