Thursday, January 28, 2010

Busy Lately

Since my mind has been too busy lately with the many concerns of the world, I decided that it was time that my hands became more busy to keep myself from falling deeper into a slump. There is a lot going on in the world and there are a lot of people that I care about who are struggling with many different things. So, here is a feel good update post of what we've been doing to keep busy!


Eryn found a "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Hat" that she's had lots of fun with. (It has mysteriously disappeared since an ear went missing. She seems to be distracted with other things and not really missing it.)

Cleaning out the basement during Brooke's nap time has been a great way to declutter and rediscover things that can be useful! I found a brand new box of Rubbermaid Tupperware in a box from when we moved. I'm sure it was a wedding present and couldn't have found it at a better time. The old ones we've been using really needed to go.

Brooke's as happy and as good as ever!

She loves sticking out her tongue and feeling her new tooth with her fingers.

Eryn's been expressing herself with coloring on EVERYTHING. She's also had fun cleaning the miscellaneous crayon marks off of the walls, floors, and table.

Her friend Daniel came over to play. They had lots of fun kicking the soccer ball back and forth, but were confused on what to do when it stopped in the middle of them both.

Eryn would run and give him hugs when he did a, "Nice Kick!"

He would just give her looks like, "Really?"

Brooke really has fun in the exersaucer. We call it her, "command center." She spins around in it and jumps up and down.

Eryn still tries to hog the attention from her sister, but mostly when Daddy's home or when the camera comes out.

Brooke is getting really good at playing Dr. Mario and Tetris!

She has also been embracing her inner diva! Like the ring?

Like I said before, Eryn really loves coloring.

While I was setting up to take some pictures of my friend's little girl Eryn helped me with test shots. I swear this is the look that will make her famous one day!

So there we have it. Our quick update with happy pictures of cute little ones! No more deep thoughts by Val that cause people to question if I'm stable or not, at least not for awhile. I just look at the world differently than most people do.

4 comments:

chelsea mckell said...

Very fun update. Love the "command center."

The McKays said...

Love the pics:) Eryn's outfits are so adorable. And you let her dress brooke too? Fabulous:) Love you guys! Excited to be closer to you!!!

Unknown said...

I question if your stable everyday....

Melissa said...

Your stability or lack thereof is probably why we worked so well as roommates. "Is this English? Or do I just understand French now?"
Love the pictures of the two divas! I love their big eyes.