Sunday, April 18, 2010

Blah

For those of you who might have missed out on my fun birthday, allow me to recap it for you!

After a horrible night's sleep I woke up to Eryn screaming and coughing and Brooke smelling in a way that no human should! Then, it was time to start the day.

I decided to go and run a few errands and then take a few pictures around town. I was going to go up north of my home and opted out of taking the freeway. I has this "feeling" that since I wasn't in a hurray that going through the smaller towns to get there would be just fine.

Our car DIED while I was driving just one tiny town north of our house! Thankfully, it died next to a bank which had restrooms for me to take care of the girls and wait for help. Thankfully, Mike works in rental cars! I had help in no time. Our car was towed back to our home town and repaired.

A friend of ours works at a parts department at a dealership and he was able to save us a good chuck of money on parts. Fuel pumps are not cheap!

Even with saving money on a rental car, a tow (because we were on the guy's way home), and parts we still had to trade Eryn to get our car back! Yes, those evil auto repair shops DO in fact accept first born children as payment for unheard of amounts. Ha ha ha... No, but seriously I got a fuel pump and someone to install it for my birthday. I really splurged on my birthday present this year!

With that terrible experience behind me we were ready to calm down for the evening and stay at home. One of my friends brought over a tub of ice cream and I almost cried. She knew that I needed something positive and sugar filled.

No comments: