Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter Treats


With all of the excitement of Easter and Eryn's birthday I managed to forget about posting a picture of my cupcakes! I made these cupcakes to take to Mike's mission reunion. I figured that they would be appreciated for the looks and great taste by more than just me if I shared them with a large group. Sister Holbrook, Mike's "Mission Mom," was busy showering me with compliments and I just kicked back and ate it up! She was impressed that they were actually easy, but looked so nice. (Ahhhh, that's me. Nothing that's too complicated, but still manages to get attention! Ha ha.)
His old mission president and his wife both adored our girls and were very glad to see us again this year. There are more and more children attending each year and less and less missionaries, but that's to be expected. People move away and life goes on.
It was really interesting to see that even as one of the younger kids, Eryn was commanding the crowd around. They all followed her lead to run around, get into trouble, and even randomly run over and tell Mom or Dad, "I love you!" I didn't expect her to be the "Alpha Dog" of the group by any means. She's cute and charming, but I had no idea how charismatic she could be!

No comments: