Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Easy Chicken Pot Pie

While shopping for dinner in the "food storage," I've discovered that there are ways to eat up some of the tons of cans of veggies and soups without it being a dreadful experience. On the inside of a cream of chicken soup label I found a few meal ideas and I figured I'd at least try them.

Here's the Easy Chicken Pot Pie! The picture was taken from their website. I made ours a double batch in a 9 x 13 cake pan to be sure that there was enough for our family and my youngest Brother-In-Law who was having dinner with us that night. There was plenty, even for seconds and a lunch serving the next day!


1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (I also added a little bit of sour cream to make it just a bit creamier and to give it more sauce.)

1 package (9 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed (I used a 15 oz can of mixed veggies.)

1 cup cubed cooked chicken or turkey (I used a can of chicken.)

1/2 cup milk

1 egg

1 cup all-purpose baking mix

1.Heat the oven to 400°F. Stir the soup, vegetables and chicken in a 9-inch pie plate.
2.Stir the milk, egg and baking mix in a small bowl. Spread the batter over the chicken mixture.

3.Bake for 30 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.


Like I said earlier, the food turned out really good and it was surprisingly cheap to make. Besides that, everything to make it was hanging out in the basement. (Well, the milk and egg weren't but you know what I mean.) The biscuit top seems super runny and I was worried that it wasn't going to work. It puffed up and browned up to perfection in no time! James was so impressed that it was just Bisquick ("all purpose baking mix").

1 comment:

Sam and Chelsie said...

I now have something planned for dinner tomorrow. Thanks Val!