Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Birds Gone Wild!

The Western Tanager that I saw in the back yard vs the Scarlet Tanager that I grew up seeing in Michigan from time to time. Pretty big difference in color, but basically the same bird.


I seriously wish that I'd taken these pictures, but thanks to the world wide web I was able to find brilliant examples of each bird. Bird watching in something that I enjoy (which is funny to say that after years of being dragged around to bird sanctuaries and aviaries that I wasn't so thrilled about as a kid). Now, my girls will have to suffer as I once did and in many years I might be in the same position as my Dad reading a post about how they are actually glad that they suffered too!

1 comment:

Suzie and Ryan said...

I thought birds are wild in the first place...