Sunday, July 25, 2010

Rambling

Shopping Sucks...
Friday was, "run around like a chicken with you head cut off" day! We went a bunch of places and did a bunch of things. It's amazing to me how much longer it takes to do anything when you have 2 small children.

You think you can just run in and get milk or something and then go pay for it and leave. Ha! Halfway to the milk someone has to go potty. So, you go to the bathroom (which is on the other side of the store ALWAYS). On the trip back to the milk you find something that you just can't resist looking at for a couple of minutes. While looking at this item, you notice that there is a strange smell coming from the smiling overly happy infant. Grrrr... Back to the bathroom. After gagging and finally making it out of the bathroom you zoom past the items that distracted you, literally RUN to the milk, grab it, turn around and in your frenzy of grab and go you slam the gallon of cold milk into the side of an all ready crack 3 year old. The ensuing tantrum draws attention and you HAVE to spend time calming her down and explaining how it was an accident. Yes, that whole time the milk was sitting out and it's now warm. Switch it out for a fresh cold one and go get at the end of the longest line in the world because it's a Friday before a holiday and by the time you pay for it the milk is now warm again. Sigh.

This is why I HATE shopping with the children.

Date Night!
Saturday was a great day! Mike and I dropped off the little ones with his parents and went to go see "Inception" on the IMAX. Oh wow! That movie was really interesting and some of the slow motion shots were so beautiful. After the movie we went up to the original Crown Burger in SLC were Adam Richmond (the guy from Man vs. Food) went when he was here in February. It was pretty amazing! The pastrami on the hamburger made it very memorable. It was a little more pricey than I had expected, but hey... We went somewhere that Man Vs Food went so it was definitely the "cool factor". Ha ha! It was wonderful to have some time alone without the little ones to be able to just enjoy being with each other.

Running?
This last week I realized that I needed to do something for myself. I've been stressed and going a little insane with the demands of Mommyhood and just the stresses of life. I'm not a runner, but I figured that trying to run/jog/walk quickly was probably a good place to start. I required no special equipment to do it and it would be nice to just get out of the house for a little while.

I went 4 of the 5 week days last week and can honestly say that it doesn't totally suck. Yeah, I'm not a fan of running or exercise really, that's no secret. I think that it's a nice break away from what I do all day everyday and my mind enjoys the freedom of the road. It's something that I am surprised to see myself doing, but at the same time I think that I am even more surprised that I can really say that it's becoming addicting. My introvert personality really likes it. I NEVER get to just be alone with 2 kids and a husband. Mike doesn't seem to mind having his alone time to watch TV or use the computer either.

1 comment:

chelsea mckell said...

Yay for running!!!

And shopping with children... I don't plan on doing it. Going with just one is manageable, but I'm not going to even attempt taking babies AND a toddler. You're brave for getting out and doing it!