Monday, July 26, 2010

Sewing Project


Eryn's bedding is a lovely combination of pinks and browns with sheets that have a pink and black strip pattern. Why? It was a bed in a bag set and it has bugged me for awhile that the sheets didn't really match the comforter.
So... Thanks to an idea from a neighbor I decided to make my own. I had the general idea of how to go about it and found some fabrics that matched perfect! While I was in Michigan I supervised my Mom in the sweat shop in the basement and we came up with these lovely pillow cases. She did a great job putting up with me while we were trying to put the idea into action.
They really did turn out well and the look great. Just as we were finishing Mom and I realized that we'd never done a sewing project together. Thank you to Anne for the idea to make pillow cases. She has yet again touched my life and brought my family closer together.

2 comments:

chelsea mckell said...

very cute! wish I could sew.

valmike said...

My Mom did all the hard work! I think that I could figure it out though. She really was a great help and made it look so easy. I just don't have a machine.