Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Resilience

The orange day lilies grow all around my parents' house and before that, they grew around my grandmother's house, and before that around her parents' house. Perhaps someday they'll grow around my house. (I might have to move to a more humid climate to make it work though!)


While cutting the grass these lilies are often mowed over. A few here and there fall nearly every time I or my brothers would mow. We always felt bad about mowing them over, but they always grew back. The lilies are a shining example of the resilience that my parents have. It came from their parents and their parents before them, just like the flowers. Hopefully one day I will be proud of my ability to bounce back from adversity and show that, "the flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all." (Yes, I quoted Mulan. Thank you Disney for yet again coming to my rescue!)

No comments: