Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Ever the Pessimist

I went to a get together with some of my neighbors tonight. All women (which, terrified me just a little bit) and treats. I figured that I'd make it through since there would be hot cocoa and dessert. When I got home Mike asked me how it went. I said something along the lines of, "It wasn't as bad as I had feared it would be." His response to me was simply that that's what my reaction ALWAYS is to things like this. I can never say that they were good, just that they weren't bad. He is right, I will ever be the pessimist!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those things are hard for me to go to as well. I never feel like I'm good enough for all the "perfect" mormom moms...ugh! It's disgusting. lol

chelsea mckell said...

Am I weird? I enjoy those get-togethers. I like chatting. I'm a chatter. I just wish they were get-togethers doing something active, instead of just getting a sugar high. Oh, and if the topic of Twilight gets started, I have to disappear - I'm not part of that club.

Anyways - it could have been worse, right? (now there's a pessimist response!)