Friday, June 11, 2010

Mental Health Day

I decided that it was time for a "mental health day" as my good ole math teacher/football coach used to call 'em. Yes, a day where you abandon all of your responsibilities and just do and do something that makes you happy all by yourself.

A friend of the family was getting married so I tagged along to take pictures in SLC. The pictures turned out really great. I also took pictures of birds and flowers while enjoying the cool breezes and getting a little sunburned. After that, I went to the temple and was able to have a nice break from everything that can become overwhelming from time to time.

The migraine from over exposure to light and heat wasn't so fun. Neither was the bumper to bumper parking lot that is the local freeway system. Needless to say, I managed to find a Vanilla Coke to drink while I did some photo editing tonight. I am trying to cut back drinking soda, but tonight I definitely needed it!

Overall, it was a good mental health day. Thanks to Mike for playing Mommy today and letting this caged bird out for a little while. I love you so much!

1 comment:

Suzie and Ryan said...

I tried to take a mental health day once. I called in sick at work to go to the temple. A few days later I was in the hospital getting my appendix out. So point of the story that Depew and I figured it out, DON'T TEMPT GOD! He made sure that I was really sick!