Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Monday's Child

One of our good friends who is pregnant with twins right now has been on bed rest for a few weeks and to help her out every Monday their 2 yr old has been coming over to play with us. Thankfully for my friend, her time being miserable and pregnant is almost done. The downside is that out Monday fun will be cut down drastically. Eryn was soooooooo excited to have a friend come over at first that she was in her face all of the time and our guest was a little less than enthused with such an overwhelming welcome each visit. Over a few weeks their little friendship has really blossomed and our company is like one of our own.

She was so excited that Brooke was wearing the same colors of clothes. She said that they were twins like the 2 babies her Mommy's having. (Except that she's getting a sister and a brother!)


Brooke had a hard time when the older girls would run upstairs. She'd cry at the bottom of the stairs to go play too. Once I got her up there, they'd go back down stairs again. It was a fun back and forth up and down day!

They played doctor with stuffed animals and baby dolls. Her Mom has been to a lot of doctor visits and hospital runs being a high risk pregnancy. So, I guess that doctor visits are one of the first things on her mind.

When you hold up the camera and say, "smile!" this is what you get! It made me laugh so hard.

Lots of tutus and twirling.

Then bike riding in the basement. They had fun taking turns and trading bikes back and forth. Eryn's bike makes music, but her friends bike had streamers... It was the best of both world to trade frequently!

Eryn's been into playing grocery store lately and she sucked her friend into it! They'd ride their bike to our favorite grocery store, get a few items, put them in their bikes, and then ride over to another spot in the basement and pretend to eat their dinner.

"Smile!"

I guess that it's only fitting that I get this response from my own daughter when I say smile to her.

Riding bike with Eryn can get a little stressful from time to time!


Our time with our little friend has been a lot of fun. It made me realize that maybe someday I can handle 3 children all of the time. Maybe...

3 comments:

Justin & Heather said...

Eryn's hair is getting so long! and I see heinz ketchup and kraft salad dressing in her grocery store...looks like mommy has been couponing the same items as me!

Bobbie Murphy said...

Thank you so much for the pictures! Kaylin is such a silly girl! I can tell that she has had a fun time at your house! Thanks for a GREAT laugh, it perked up my day of bed rest!

valmike said...

The moral to this story is: You can't force kids to smile...

-Mike