Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Spirit Has Landed

Last night's addition of snow to the mix has sure helped me to be in a Christmas frenzy! The last couple of days I've been making candies and finding places for all of the bulbs that we can't hang on the tree this year. (Thank you Eryn... Grrrr....)

I made Carmel! They are AMAZING and took forever!!!!! Totally worth it though to hear how good they were from the few people I could share them with.


Toffee! Crunchy Carmel-ish bottom, dark chocolate, and toasted almonds made this a treat so good that I had to defend from Mike to give to someone very special!

The quick kitchen make-over included lots of bulbs in the containers that grace the cupboards all ready. Eryn really likes it and we're pretty sure that Daddy hasn't noticed yet!


Brooke calls these "balls" which is no surprise, but putting them in a Ball brand glass jar totally made me chuckle.

3 comments:

McCorristin Family said...

can you spare some toffee for you father in law? I need to spend some more time at your house. Won't get any of that good stuff around here.

valmike said...

It's all gone! I just need some chocolate chips and I could make some more. Semi-sweet or dark work the best. :)

You bring the chips and in a few hours you could have some too!

The McKays said...

I like the ornament crreativity! And I would love the recipe for the toffee...looks yummy!