Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Gingerbread House

Back in July my Mom sent us a gingerbread house kit. When I was a kid Christmas in July was a BIG event. We would go to Frankenmuth to look at the HUGE Christmas store and I would even hang up lights in my bedroom. Now, it's a difficult tradition to keep being so far from the amazing store and my Mom who really inspired the Christmas spirit all year round.

For a family night we decided to work together on the gingerbread house. THIS is what we ended up with!

Eager girls ready to pounce on the project.


Brooke ate a ton of candy! Including whole gum balls.

No shocker to anyone that a BYU logo made it to the roof.

We did end up putting a star like blob in that big empty space on the front of the house. I just have no pictures of it because it really didn't turn out the way we wanted it to look.

Oh look, the Utah Jazz logo in their new colors! Brooke's little hand is on the right side still in the Skittles bowl. She LOVES Skittles almost as much as my brother Sam does.

What's this?

Sparty!!!!!!! When does an MSU logo end up on a Utah Family's Gingerbread House? When the Mommy happens to really like Michigan State! :)

Putting on the final touches.

Merry Christmas from the Utah Jazz, Brigham Young University, Michigan State University, and the McCorristin Family!
Decorating this little house was pretty fun and tested Mike's artistic ability to include all of the logos. He suggested Sparty and I wasn't sure that he could do it. Yet again, he has proved me wrong and pulled off an amazing Sparty in icing!

No comments: