Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Fire Balls for Dinner

While trying to cook dinner tonight I ran into some problems. It was raining outside, but I was bound and determined to cook the steaks outside. I turned the gas on the grill and it wouldn’t light. I thought that the gas had finally run out, but it still smelled like gas a little. I closed the lid on the grill and told Mike to bring me the lighter (that we light candles with).

I opened up the lid just a little and as soon as I clicked the lighter everything went in slow motion! This huge flame ball came right up into my face!!!!!! I thought I was on fire and going to die! Mike knew that I was going to be ok and couldn’t help but chuckle a little. I singed off all of the hair on my arm, in my nose, and my eye lashes are much shorter than before. Some of my hair was singed a little, but thankfully I wear a pony tail nearly 100% of the time.

I wish that this had happened to someone else so that I could have a really good laugh about it! My fingers still hurt. We did cook the meat out on the grill, so my sacrifice was not in vain, and had a nice dinner. When Mike said the blessing on the food he included that he was, “thankful for the pain and suffering that went into preparing the food.” I had to finally laugh and give up. It really was funny!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is kinda funny, sounds like something I would do.

Sam and Chelsie said...

I tagged you again!!!