Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11th Remembered

Like December 7th 1941, September 11th 2001 will also be a date that will live in infamy. I am certain that Americans will never forget where they were, what they were doing, and who really meant something to them that frightful day. I pray that there are no more days like that for our country.

I realized the other day that on that terrible morning I grew up. Granted I was in college all ready, but that really was an important turning point for me. My concerns changed totally. Like many Americans, I turned toward God. I knew that my life wasn't what I wanted it to be. If I had been taken that day I would not have been ready to go. Life became more meaningful and every interaction with my friends and family became more memorable.

I am not a person who is very open with emotions. Yet, I cried today remembering what happened to all of those people who just got up to start another day at the office or hop on a plane. Life shouldn't be lived with fear of death, but it should also be lived with love for life. -VAL

2 comments:

Jeremy and Kara said...

I remember what I was doing that morning. I was getting my wisdom teeth taken out. It was a different world when I woke up!
Jeremy

chelsea mckell said...

well said. very well said.