Thursday, September 4, 2008

I Broke Even!

As most of you who read this probably know, I have been trying to make money with my talent as a photographer. Well, it's happened! I had my first official clients! I took their pictures, let them choose pictures, made pictures, delivered pictures, hung pictures on the wall, and then... (drum roll please)... GOT PAID!
After buying some stools for them to sit on and making the prints I broke even. So, I guess that I didn't really make much money, but I think that it has helped to boost my confidence more than my checkbook. That's ok with me. Even the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, right?
The pictures did turn out very nicely and I am very proud to say that my work is now hanging in someone else's house and not just my relatives houses!

5 comments:

Jeremy and Kara said...

Well good job. I am glad that you can continue to take pictures of people even when I am not around. Keep up the good work!

The McKays said...

I looked at the pictures on your blog and they look really good! How did you get this family?

valmike said...

The oldest daughter works with your Mom. They were talking about it at work. So, I guess that I owe your Mom. Maybe I'll not drink Coke in front of her! Haha.

chelsea mckell said...

Val, when Brianna finally grows some hair, and I lose this last babyweight, we will gladly hire to you take our family picture! We need a good one.

valmike said...

Sweet!!!!! Pictures are good to take at the very begining of November to send out as Christmas cards.