Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Family Dentist Visit

We all went to the dentist this morning. Eryn went first for her cleaning and did a very very good job listening to the hygienist and the dentist. She picked out the bubble gum tooth polish and a very pink Barbie toothbrush. (No surprises there!)



Look Grandma, no cavities!
She got a prize for having no cavities and it was the little silver necklace that she's wearing. (That lasted about 3 minutes and she wanted it off so she could see it better.)
I had my other 2 fillings done today. It went better this time. Knowing that I made it through alive last time I figured that I could be a big girl and take my shots and dental work without the gas. (That and I think that the mask and other things might have scared Eryn and I had to be a good example for her!)
Mike had a cleaning this morning. Yep, no necklace prize for Daddy. He's got some cavities too! Thankfully, he's not in nearly as much pain as I was and will be able to make it for a little while longer before getting those taken care of next year.
Where's Brooke during all of this? Since she doesn't have teeth, her dentist visit was pretty fast. Ok, she didn't get much past the reception desk there she was mobbed by a couple of secretaries who fell in love with her! Eryn ran laps around the place and bounced back and forth between tvs, books, and stealing dental instruments while Mike was finishing his cleaning and they were working on me.
It's so nice to have a dentist office where they really are family oriented and it's ok for everyone to come at the same time. Even if they don't have teeth yet!

1 comment:

chelsea mckell said...

Seriously - that is a way cool dentist office. I don't think ours is that family-friendly.
That's awesome Eryn opened her mouth and let them work on her! I have no doubt Brianna would rather die than allow anyone to touch her teeth.