Thursday, December 31, 2009

Snow and Resolutions

After massively clearing out the backyard this fall, I thought that we'd go play out there for the first time. Eryn had NEVER been in our backyard before. Small as it is she enjoyed playing and the fact that Mom wasn't hovering over her the whole time to keep her away from the cars. The snow was really deep and we had a lot of fun playing in it together. Snow just makes me miss Michigan. It's amazing how a few flakes and bundling up instantly made me a kid again. I hear a lot of people complain about the snow, but all I can do is smile when I see it! (Then, laugh at the people who don't know how to drive in it!)


Snow Angel attempts.


She kept eating the snow, so I had to join in!

Brooke tried some baked potatoes.

We're not sure if she liked them or not...
Resolution time is here again. Every year I claim that I'm not going to make any so I won't have any to break. This year, I've decided to attempt a couple.
My dependence on Coke Zero and other carbonated beverages has become increasingly strong. They are number one on my list to get cut down. I can't get rid of them totally, but the soda intake will be drastically cut down.
Second, Eryn seems to think that it's funny to swear. I (which means WE- Mike included) need to be more aware of what's on the TV while she's watching and be more careful with what escapes our own tongues. Not only the attention to what's said around her or heard by her, but also how to react. Personally, I can't help but smile and fight the horrible embarrassed giggle when she does it because I don't know how to respond. The cold stern glare needs to be implemented. Mike's Mom is a pro at that! I get it often enough I should be able to duplicate it.
Not a very long list, but a very important one indeed. Hopefully with a shorter list nothing will be neglected or forgotten.

4 comments:

chelsea mckell said...

perhaps everytime you crave soda you can go outside and eat more snow?
:)

Unknown said...

dammit

The McKays said...

leave it to uncle tim...haha

momtherunner said...

Good resolutions!! Good luck! Kids are like tape recorders...we have also learned the hard way!! :)