Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Mommy's Surprises

Where's Brooke?
Eryn has had a difficult time sharing toys with Brooke. I'm not sure why all of the sudden the infant toys are the ONLY things that she wants to play with, but they are. I've been trying a few different things with her and this was my result. Brooke was taking a nap in her bed and Eryn gave her a bunch of toys to play with. I hear Brooke crying and Eryn saying, "I give Brooke da toys. Where you go Brooke?" I had to go in and dig through a bunch of stuffed animals to find her. Thankfully, the only one that was hard was the Elmo. I'm pretty she he hit her in the head and that's what woke her up.

My Little Mermaid.
Eryn had no problem swimming this summer and going totally under the water, but for some reason she was reluctant to lay back in the bath tub so that I could wash her hair. FINALLY she does it without screaming and seems to like it. What was the breaking point? I told her that the Little Mermaid washed her hair under the water and then she volunteered to lay back and wash her hair. Now during bath time I get to hear random quote from that movie. Her favorite is, "My poor little poopsies!" From Ursula when the eels get zapped.


On a really random side note: How do you get a 2 1/2 year old to eat a salmon patty? Answer- Spray a bunch of strong air freshener in the kitchen and tell her it's chicken.

Does becoming a parent flip the deception switch or what?

1 comment:

chelsea mckell said...

I love the salmon idea! Maybe it would work on Brian...