Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Halloween Craft

Inspired by our scout activity of painting the very small pumpkins the other day, I decided to take a stab at it with my girls! This is what happened...

Eryn played with pipe cleaners that we made into spiders.


Getting the little pumpkins away from Brooke proved challenging. She kept screaming, "Baaaallll!" and throwing them. Curse them for being the same size and color as her favorite basketball.

The pumpkins went from this...

to this!
The white ones are Mommy and Daddy Ghosts and the black ones are Spider Girls. Brooke is the cute smiling one in the front and Eryn is the one with the little beady eyes and fangs! Although this seems fitting from time to time, it was her choice to pick the eyes and paint the mouth. I guess that she sees her evil side as much as I do!
This entire project would have taken normal people about 20 min or so including drying time from the spray paint. For US though... about an hour! Ha ha. It was a lot of fun and I only managed to burn myself once on the hot glue gun this time!

2 comments:

Sarah and Chance said...

Those are so cute! You are quite the crafty lady!

Valerie McCorristin said...

Ha ha ha! I have you fooled too! : )