Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Halloween Fun

This year is the year of the marathon Halloween. We're talking celebrations, parties, candy, and costumes all week long! The girls are loving it.


Eryn complained that I put my make up in the wrong spots. What can I say? I had to do something to hide those wicked dark circles under my eyes!


The fact that their costumes coordinate is adorable, but was never my intention. Eryn acquired this little dress up mermaid costume and giving her the opportunity to wear it in public was like saying that she had permission to be a princess! I found Brooke's little pirate costume at Costco and fell in love with it! It's a little big, but nothing that a couple of safety pins can't fix.
Halloween and dressing up has always been a favorite time of the year for me. When we were younger it was trying to find costumes that were big enough to go over your coat so that people could see them or ones that we could create out of random stuff that Dad had accumulated in the basement.
My favorite Halloween memory will always be the year that we went trick-or-treating by Grandma Crawford's house. All 3 of us kids would go to the door, give the usual saying, get candy, and say thank you. Then, Sam who was probably 3 would say, "My name is Sam. S-A-M." The reactions were amazing! "Oh what an adorable little boy. Here have some more candy!" Little stinker probably got 3 times the candy that John or I did that year. Brilliant? Oh yes. Are we all jealous that we didn't think up something like that when we were kids? Yep.

1 comment:

The McKays said...

Love Love LOVE brooke's costume! IT's adorable!