Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Adventures at Instacare

After being sick for a few days and then finally waking up in the middle of the night on Friday with a massive fever it was officially time to seek professional medical attention. On a Saturday of a holiday weekend... Yep, that's when Eryn needs to see someone.

I called a few places and none were open because of the holiday or just wouldn't answer the phone. I finally gave up and we decided that we'd just go to the hospital and wait around in the ER for some help. We were going to meet my Brother-In-Law up there and he found an open Instacare on the other side of the hospital! We went there.

What a blessing that turned out to be! It was a lot faster and undoubtedly cheaper. It turns out that our little sicky (who never really acted sick very much) had a very very severe ear infection in her left ear and a pretty bad one in her right ear. She never complained about it! No ear pulling, no crying for no reason, and no walking around off balance... How was I supposed to know? We were both totally shocked!

Her runny nose and allergy problems could have caused the ear infections or the ear infections caused the runny nose and vomiting. The chicken or the egg? Either way, she's on medicine and has been improving all weekend.

Administering medicine is a whole different story! I guess that when I was a kid I had a slight addiction to medicines because I sure loved them and had no problem taking them! Eryn, on the other hand, hates it with a passion that I have never seen before!

2 comments:

Bobbie Murphy said...

Poor girl... It's NO fun having ear infections!!! I know a sure fire way to test for an ear infection so whenever Kaylin has a fever I do the ear test and depending on that I either call the dr or wait it out!!!

valmike said...

I just thought that her fever went with her new teeth! Ear infection NEVER crossed my mind.