Thursday, May 7, 2009

To boldy go...

About a year ago when I worked at the Spanish Fork office, we received a call from Paramount Pictures because they needed a couple large SUVs brought down to Green River for filming that they were doing down there. We were a little hesitant at first because of the logistics but were told we could pretty much name our price, so we did it. They also told us it was for the new Star Trek movie but not to advertise (by penalty of death...ok, not really) that they would be there. They even rented under a "ghost name" so that there was no paper trail.

When I was down there, I picked up the production manager from the Best Western and drove him out to the little Green River airport where we had the vehicles ready for them. I asked him about the movie and he was a little paranoid that we knew the true nature of their visit. He soon lightened up and talked about it. It was a pretty cool experience.

Valerie helped in the transport of the vehicles as well. She remembers thinking, "Yeah, this could be some barren waste land on another planet easy."

There was an article on KSL.com about their filming and what parts of the movie were shot here in Utah.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=6410730

-Mike

1 comment:

chelsea mckell said...

Mike I think this is sweet. I still think you should take my reigns as manager of OP office. You can find an affordable house, you will be getting a brand new MT the first of June who get this graduated from BYU-Hawaii what more could you ask for. Anyways I am off my soap box, I remember this deal, that is crazy, now the Best Western is it right next to the River and has a restaurant in it?? When I was young we would have BBall tournaments with Green River and we stayed at the hotel next to the river and enjoyed it very much. Anyways Peace out, BMAK Oh they have two nice medical centers for your wife to have the baby in the basin...he he.