Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day

For Mother's Day this year I just wanted Mike to take some nice pictures of Eryn and me. It started out ok, but went down hill fast. Eryn doesn't like structure in picture taking. Especially outside where she'd much rather be playing and running around. We were able to get a few that were pretty good though!



I'm so thankful for the many mothers that I've had throughout my life help push me along. My Mom and my own Grandmothers are pretty obvious, but there were others. It takes a village to raise a village idiot! He he. My teachers, friends parents, my Mother-In-Law, and Grandmother-In-Laws have shared in the task of raising me. Now, as I am all grown up (right) I find myself looking to mothers who are just there to guide me. Like Sue who made me use a sewing machine and Laura who teaches me that patience is good to have, but there are limits...
While growing up I knew that I would be a mother some day. I never knew that being a mother would be such an important part of my life. It's why I get out of bed in the morning and in the middle of the night from time to time too. The love that comes from my little Eryn never seems to end. Even just getting a hug randomly from her nearly makes me cry. Being a mom makes even me (with my rough and tough exterior) suffer from warm fuzzies!

2 comments:

Bobbie Murphy said...

So cute. You are a GREAT mother! I hope you have a GREAT mothers day!!!

McCorristin Family said...

Happy Mother's day Val!!