Thursday, June 14, 2012

Chicago

Eryn fell asleep, but still managed to keep one eye open so she didn't miss anything!

Brooke was bored, so she played Peek-A-Boo with Ian.


Driving under the elevated train was awesome!  Just like in Batman.  Only, no crashes with super expensive cars or Christian Bale.

Mike saw Gino's East on Man vs. Food, so we had to try it!  Authentic Chicago Deep Dish in Chicago.

And because no trip to a sweet pizza place is complete without a friend or two, I set up to meet with 2 of mine while we were in the area!  This is my friend Jared (from high school) and his wife Daneen.  I forgot to take a picture of them, so I stole this one from her Facebook page because I love those sunglasses!  The pizza took forever to cook and the kids, after being cooped up in the van driving a lot couldn't sit still!  It was a LOT of me chasing them around, trips to the bathroom, and generally annoying everyone around us.  It was super embarrassing!!!!!

Daneen, who takes fabulous photos, was kind enough to take a few of our little family while we were there.  It was the hottest day and we were all melting!  Mike wanted to get some of the city skyline in, so we went to this park on Lake Michigan that is Chicago's version of Central Park.



Ian was super obsessed with the little clovers!  I tried to take a couple real fast and then knew to just put my camera down for a bit and relax.

After that we jumped back into the van and drove to Flint.  Ugh.  It was very late by the time we made it in and decided to just go sleep at our hotel and go surprise my parents in the morning!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

We will be in Chicago In July. a nother place you should have visitted was Ed Deveicks. We love Chicago!

Becky said...

Ahh the joys of Flint! Loved the ugh comment! and completely have the same feeling. Looks like we will be missing each other I will be up the last week of June. Hope you had a good time with your family even though the city is not well umm, gee its hard to think of a proper word ;) I guess Ill go with grand ;)