Monday, June 18, 2012

Visiting with the Grandparents

These aren't really in order and there will probably be some in the next post or two that happened before others of these.

Ian's shirts says it all.

Our room for the duration of our visit in Michigan.  It wasn't too bad.  On Memorial Day we were the hotel's ONLY guests.  I guess when it's a vacation day most people go AWAY from Flint and "up north."

We surprised my parents, who we had pretty convinced that we were coming at the end of August.  The surprised the kids with a few Christmas gifts and birthday presents.  Presents always win you points with little kids!  Good job Grandma and Grandpa!


My niece Emma was there with my brother John when we came over.  She squeezed into the picture on the left there.


Even with a great pool at the hotel, the kids really enjoyed playing in the little kid pool at Grandma's house.  It was so nice to have more yard to play in behind the house and NOT fenced in with the dogs.

Brooke really likes to snuggle!

Ahhhhhh, look at all that green!

Grandma set up some tents and we had a fire and some food with my best friend Kathleen and her folks.  Ian was confined to the ten.


Best part of having a ton of trees around you walking over and just picking up firewood without having to go far or do much work for it.

My Dad on the left and Elmer, Kat's Dad, on the right.

My Dad made some strawberry rhubarb pie for me and it was amazing!

Give that kid food and he'll sleep anywhere!  Ha ha.

My Mom, Kat's Mom Sandy, the girls, and then Kat all anxiously waiting for S'mores!


Ahhh, golden perfection.

My and my best friend!  I was going to stab her with a marshmallow.

She was going to get me back in this one!  Ha ha Eryn, we photo bombed you in this one!  (That's when the background people are more interesting than the foreground.)

Brooke is a chocolate monster!!!!!!

The kids enjoyed seeing the different birds at the feeders and Grandpa tapping on the window and scaring away the birds the food wasn't for.

The moment we've been waiting for!  The 3 kids with Grandma and Grandpa for the first time!

No comments: