Monday, March 22, 2010

10 Easy Steps


She may look disgustingly adorable and be able to charm a thirsty man out of water in the desert, but I know the REAL Eryn. Today she's pushed every button that I have and it's time out for her and blogging for me!
So, here's the list.
How To Drive Mommy Crazy In Just 10 Easy Steps
1. "I want to watch Princess and the Frog!" Repeated at least 100 times.
2. "Ooooooooowwwwwwe, I pinched my finger!" With what? Yes, the other hand. She was pinching her own fingers just to see what it felt like. She managed to hurt them pretty bad and the crying tantrum ensued.
3. (Baby crying) "Mom, da baby crying. Brooke's crying. Baby Sister is crying." Really? I wasn't sure, thanks Eryn.
4. "I want a grilled cheese." Normally not annoying, but at 8 am- ANNOYING.
5. Jumping on the bed in just underwear and screaming, "I'm the Little Mermaid!"
6. Fell off her bed, bumped her head, and gave me my cell phone to call the doctor to see what he had to say. Where's my humor? Well, it was funny the first time. The second got a chuckle. The third time I was all done.
7. After just cleaning 1 of the 3 bathrooms Eryn threw up all over the rugs and freshly cleaned toilet. It HAD to be the clean bathroom, didn't it?
8. "I want to play at the park." Repeated 25 times and with each time the blinds are shuffled and dust flies everywhere. Thanks for reminding me I need to dust.
9. While in time out for screaming... The screaming get progressively louder and higher pitched. Then enters the even more angry Mommy with the death look. The screaming is now replaced by crying and kicking her feet on the wall. Grrrrrr...
10. "Mommy, I love you so much. Can I play at the park? Watch Princess and the Frog? Have grilled cheese? Chocolate milk? Go to Daddy's work? See my friends? Wear my Princess Dress? Play basketball? Paint? Color? Watch Princess and the Frog?" All said in the sweetest tone of voice and with big bulging eyes about to water with sheer joy at a "Yes" to any and or all of those questions. My response, "No." The best part? Her reaction. With clinched fists and grinding teeth she glared up and me with the meanest look I've seen her come up with yet and says without moving her jaw, "Maybe another time!!!!!!!!!!" Smiling a huge smile at the awesome power of the word "no" I chuckled a little and said, "Yes you're right. Maybe another time."
If you were wondering what the little princess could be up to right this moment I'm pleased to announce that she's still screaming and crying. It might never end today. Vanilla Coke in one hand and Excedrin Migraine in the other I am armed to combat this horrible Monday.
I really do love her so much. I just honestly can't wait for this rotten phase to be done.

5 comments:

Jenni said...

She sounds like my daughter. Do you want to just add another one to the mix? It would really make my day.

chelsea mckell said...

I've seen Brian do each and every one of those on his days off.

chelsea mckell said...

The solution is to say YES when she asks to go to Daddy's work. Just drop her off. She'll help with their ESQI!

McCorristin Family said...

Oh the joys of parenthood. I hope you are writing these down somewhere so she can read them when she gets older. Bet you never saw this coming when you were pregnant with her. I would love to see your mother's thoughts on how this compares to your behavior when you were her age. Does she think this is payback? Ha!!! I thought it was really funny though!!
Grandpa Mac

valmike said...

Chelsea that's a great idea! Yes Satan, oh I mean Eryn, you CAN go to Daddy's work! She would seriously boost their ESQI in no time!

I am sure that she is a spitting image of me in my terror phases. I should start preparing for the teenage yrs now. Things are going to get ugly! Ha ha.