Thursday, March 4, 2010

Pink Eye


This is a little bit of a dramatization, but I spared you all the gross real pictures. I'm pretty convinced that Eryn has "pink eye" or conjunctivitis. While I was playing outside in the backyard trying to eliminate moldy crap, weeds, and potential weeds with lawn treatments Eryn was not far enough away from me. I think that this problem is an allergic reaction due to something in the yard getting into her eye. This is her eye's way of trying desperately to be rid of whatever is irritating it.
Unlike the picture, her problem is only in one eye. I'm pretty sure that the contagious one you get in both eyes and it looks way nastier. Plus, she's a little kid. If it was contagious I'm pretty sure it's be in both eyes and I'd have it all ready too.
We're washing hands like crazy (even more than before if that's at all possible) and washing pillow cases and bedding in hopes of preventing the problem from continuing longer. I've tried rinsing her eye with saline and have been trying really hard to get her to cry it out. Lots of time out trips seems to be helping that. I'm thinking that the doctor appointment is just around the corner. I'm just not sure what else they can do for it if it's just allergies.

No comments: