Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Cherry- Chocolate Cake

Thank you "101 Things To Do With A Cake Mix" by Stephanie Ashcraft you make my life better because you are nestled safely in my cookbook drawer.

I woke up too early and had a migraine. What to do when that happens? Make a cake. My cake turned out really really ugly, but amazing tasting! I made the mistake of trying to make a round layer cake out of a cake that was too hot and too soft. Needless to say, my cake ended up leaning and caved in on one side. How embarrassing! However, it tastes soooooooo good that I figured that I'd share the simple recipe with my devoted blog stalkers.

Cherry- Chocolate Cake

1 chocolate cake mix
1 cup of water
1 egg
1 can (20 or 21 oz) cherry pie filling
1 can favorite frosting

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, water, and egg until smooth. Fold in cherry pie filling. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 in pan.

Bake 30-35 min, or until cake springs back when touched. (I found that I had to cook mine longer, like 40 min.)

Once cooled frost with desired frosting. (I went with white frosting because that's my favorite!)

For those of you who have never done a recipe out of this book you just follow the directions as listed exactly. Disregard whatever direction come on the back of the box of cake mix you bought. Just take the package of powder out of the box and throw out the box to avoid confusion! If you like cake I can guarantee you that you're going to LOVE this cake!

2 comments:

McCorristin Family said...

Ooohh that sounds good. Can you make one for me?

Grandpa Mac

valmike said...

I'm making a different cake for Mike's birthday. He picked out a Chocolate Lover's Cake. That one should be very good and look like a cake should.